You are hereHome
- 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Toronto General Hospital, Eaton North Building
200 Elizabeth Street
The three-day course provides a comprehensive overview of the ethical principles and best practice standards and their applications in ensuring data integrity, participant safety, and regulatory compliance in the context of research involving humans.
This course is an in-class training program primarily targeted to Clinical Research Managers, Clinical Research Coordinators, and Research Associates/Analysts conducting research involving humans. The program consists of modules focused on:
• Research Ethics
• Understanding the Regulatory Environment
• Protocol Development
• Assembling the Research Team
• Research Agreements
• Confl icts of Interest
• Participant Recruitment & Informed Consent
• Participant Safety
• Data Handling, Documentation & Privacy
A certificate will be provided upon completion of the course.
The program builds on the experiences of our learners through a case-based approach. This provides opportunities for learners to reflect on their current practice in clinical research conduct, develop and enhance knowledge of standards, identify challenges and barriers to the research process, and integrate a risk-mitigation approach to the conduct of research involving humans.
By using different learning formats and techniques, learners will be able to:
- Assess and apply the evolving principles and practices of research ethics to the planning and conduct of research involving humans.
- Identify the roles of Sponsors & Principal Investigators and apply regulatory requirements and external standards governing the Responsible Conduct of Research, and Good Clinical Practices.
- Appraise relevant case studies and understand key concepts regarding research protocol development, risk identification, participant safety reporting, and protecting the privacy and confidentiality of research participants.
- Recognize & prioritize potential challenges & barriers to the application of best practices in research.
- Develop strategies to mitigate bias, maintain data quality, and ensure adequate supervision and oversight throughout the planning, conduct, recording, and reporting of research.
Register by clicking on the "Register" button. The cost for this event is $1100.00 which includes a light breakfast and lunch
Toronto General Hospital, Eaton North Building
200 Elizabeth Street
Room No.: TBA